Serving the mitburgers for 140 years

serving the mitburgers for 140 years

Rescue, rescue, save, protect – four simple words whose meaning can only be appreciated when one finds oneself in an emergency situation. Fortunately, there are always people who are committed to the volunteer fire department – and have been for many generations. This is also the case in wachenroth, where the volunteer fire department can look back on 140 years of service. 140 years of saving lives, extinguishing fires and protecting people, animals, property and goods.
Not only for the firefighters a reason to celebrate, it says in a press release, which is why the entire population of the 8. Until 10. June is invited to the fire station to celebrate the past 140 years.
The start of the festival weekend is the kesselfleischessen on friday from 18 o’clock. On saturday, the band "tutti frutti" will create the right atmosphere celebrations – admission is free and the festivities begin at 6 p.M. The festival sunday begins with a festive service at 9 a.M.30 o’clock with following fruhschoppen and lunch with "die kleine dorfmusik" (the little village music) from wachenroth. After coffee and cake follows the cozy festive finale in the evening.
The history of the wachenroth volunteer fire department begins, like that of many other fire departments, in the 19th century. Century. As early as 1848, the municipality of wachenroth bought the first "fire extinguishing machine" – a hand-operated fire engine of the company kubel. In 1878, the wachenroth volunteer fire department was officially registered with the bavarian state fire department association. Even though the conditions and tools of today and the past are hardly comparable, the equipment of the wachenroth volunteer fire department was always state of the art. In 1937, for example, a "new type of motorless device" was developed – a ziegler portable pump TS 8/8 with trailer and the crew vehicle "ford FK 1000 with motor portable pump TS 8/8" was bought at its inauguration in 1963, the fire engine was the first of its kind in the hochstadt district to be purchased by a municipality for its fire department.
Various vehicles followed until the current fire engine "LF 16/12" was purchased in 2000 and in 2013 the latest logistics truck "GWL-2" previous vehicles replaced. The fleet is currently supplemented by a team bus, which will be inaugurated on the anniversary sunday.
From the beginning, volunteers have been committed to the motto "god’s honor, the neighbor’s defense" volunteer for the general public. While the fire department initially consisted only of men, the first platoon of female members was formed during the second world war. At that time, due to the current conditions, women are now an integral part of the volunteer fire department – both in the active team and among the young firefighters.
For more than 30 years, the fire department in wachenroth has also been actively involved in youth work. The youth fire department, founded in 1987, has made a name for itself in recent years with its very successful participation in fire department events at district level. Since 2012 there is also the children’s fire department "loschzwerge", which introduces children between the ages of seven and eleven to the topic of the fire department and also places great emphasis on fire safety education for the youngest children. The wachenroth fire department has already laid the foundation for continuing in the future what has seemed self-evident to all of us for several generations: that someone will come quickly when we are in need.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.